Useful Resources & Links
Have a look at http://www.mygarden.co.nz under ‘directory/shop’, then scroll down to the ‘community and information’ link where you will find a list of local garden clubs.
- http://www.edenliving.co.nz/where the lovely Maria can help you get started with your own veggie garden and she will even come to you!
- Andrew Steens Grow it Yourself Vegetables– If you thought growing food for you and your family was too hard, pick up Andrew Steen’s book and get ready to be surprised. Andrew shares his life-long passion for home-grown products and his outstanding gardening knowledge. An A–Z of the vegetables best suited to New Zealand gardens
Fresh produce delivered to your door:
- FoodBox- https://foodbox.co.nz/– for farm fresh fruit, veggies and meat delivered to your door. Free delivery to homes in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Mount Maunganui, and Whangaparaoa. We also deliver to Waiheke with a small delivery charge.
- MeatMail – https://my.meatmail.co.nz/shop. Home delivery of fresh local meat, dairy, fruit & veg. Currently only delivering in Dunedin, Wellington & Christchurch, but watch this space as they are hoping to be nationwide by the end of 2014.
- Ooooby(Out Of Our Own Backyards) – http://www.ooooby.org/auckland– local, organic and conventional fruit & veg. Currently only delivering in Auckland and the Waikato. A not-for-profit business owned collectively by its members.
- The Organic Connection- http://www.organicconnection.co.nz/– We deliver to all areas of the North Island including Auckland (all areas), Wellington, Hutt Valley, Kapiti Coast, Wanganui, Wairarapa and the mighty Manawatu.Prices include delivery charges.
- Fresh2U- http://www.fresh2u.co.nz/– a convenient and cost-effective weekly delivery service providing fresh organic fruit, vegetables and more, to the top of the South Island.
- Garden City 2.0-http://www.gardencity.org.nz/#pagetitle– locally produced, organic food delivered in the Canterbury region.
Pick Your Own Farms & Orchards (PYO) – http://pickyourown.org/newzealand.htm
http://ooooby.ning.com/– If you like to spend time in the garden then you can mingle among a few thousand other food gardeners on this site chatting about anything from keeping worms to swapping seedlings to making the perfect compost.
If you grow food for a living or if you would like to earn some extra income by growing food then we are interested in buying from you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ooooby is a not-for-profit social business that pays fairly and is owned collectively by its members.Ooooby members are part of the food revolution that is building massive momentum every day. Millions are returning to their own backyards and embracing the once declining skill of food growing.
Ooooby is a lifestyle choice with the goal of eating the bulk of our basic foods fresh from our own local area.
- http://rockhavenoil.co.nz/– local (Dairy Flat) olive grower, high quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oils.
Recipes Books I recommend:
- Jamie Oliver’s 15 minute meals
- Libby’s Real Food Chef
- Dr Libby’s Real Food Kitchen
Have a look at this informative TED talk by Jamie Oliver: